Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Lessons in Life Affimed by the Gospel of Our Glorious God

If God has shown me anything at all in my many years of erroneous sins, despite my desire to serve Him, it is this:

Romans 8:28: And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Do I fully understand this promise?

Assuredly not.

Do I fully trust this promise, as a child trusts his Father, yet grows in understanding of that which His Father desires and requires of Him?

Assuredly, yes. As hard as the lessons have been, the heaviness and the burden have been on me, for placing my flesh above that which is spiritual. There is rest and ease in His yoke and burden, and His commandments are not burdensome, ever. All that has transpired, by His gentle decree, which has contradicted these facts of reality, has been of my unredeemed flesh seeking to insert itself into the picture, and His gentle remonstrances have always drawn me back to the denying of that which is already crucified and buried, yet needs be treated in that manner that sees my Lord, and His people, no longer after the flesh.

I am so grateful to so many teachers of the Word who continuously call me to realize that which is above as preeminent over that which is below. I am more grateful to our glorious God and Savior for His gentle treatment of me in all manner of my rebellion.

Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised. Praise involves, primarily, contrition and thanksgiving. I thank the Lord that He is faithful in all things for the sake of His glory and according to His good pleasure.

- Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment