Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Calling Clowns- "Clowns"- When They Act Like It

Spurgeon once said, "A time will come when instead of shepherds feeding the sheep, the church will have clowns entertaining the goats." How very accurate. Two modern examples of that are Perry Noble and his protege Steven Furtick. Two men that have the title "pastor" yet are biblically unqualified (watch the two short video clips at the bottom of this article).

Of course to them I'm just a "mean spirited" "hater" and according to them "You look like a toddler, drawing lines in the sand, talking about how you are defending the truth, taking a stand." I'm just another "internet blogger in my pajamas blogging from my mother's basement." 

Actually, I'm a pastor blogging from my own house and this blog is not a "discernment ministry." However, as a pastor part of my calling is to be discerning and to be faithful to what the Apostle Paul says in Romans 16:17-18: "I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive."


I would not extend either of these men the right hand of fellowship. In fact both are wolves. I know, I know, how mean of me. And this article will only anger them and people of their ilk. But hey what should they expect of me after all I'm only a "hater."

I recommend this article which is in response to Furtick's clownish rant.

Soli Deo Gloria!

For His Glory,
Fernando



No comments:

Post a Comment