Sunday, May 15, 2011

God's Sovereignty: Our Comfort





Usually, theological concepts are seen as being impractical, and really bearing no effect on how we live our lives. Here at the blog- we do not believe this. We believe that theological concepts (or the way we look at God- who He is, what He does) has a real effect on how we will live our lives. 


The Sovereignty of God is my comfort. Aside from having its soteriological implications, it provides a profound security for the believer. Let me explain how. In the last year, I received a diagnosis from my doctor. I have been fighting that condition, and am glad to say, have been improving. Recently, It has been speculated that I can come down with another condition as I start to age. Do I begin to despair? Do I begin to question God's goodness? Certainly there are times when things get tough. But at the end of the day, I know that God is in control. Now, what exactly does that mean? We hear it often, but what does "God is in control" mean? Usually, preachers will distance a disease far away from God. They will say that God had no plans for you to have this disease but, somehow,  He has a beautiful plan to get you out of it. I couldn't believe in a god like that. In a god that had different plans for you, but the devil, or whatever it was, somehow got the upper hand. I believe that God is in complete sovereign control of all aspects that effect me (good and bad). Here is some scripture that displays the reality that God is in complete control of all aspects in our lives :  


Ephesians: 1:11: 


11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of HIM WORKS OUT EVERYTHING in conformity with the purpose of HIS WILL" (caps mine)


Romans 8:28:




28And we KNOW that for THOSE who love God ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD, for those who are called according to his purpose. (caps mine)


Matthew 10:29-31

29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Gen 50:20


20As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.


 Shows God's providence in the life of Jospeh. Though he was sold into slavery by his brothers- God's hands was in the back round (working all to his good)- and so that "many people should be kept alive". It was God's plan that Joseph would be sold. This did not catch God by surprise, nor did He have to resort to plan B, in the life of Joseph. 


I would appreciate your prayers. Thank you for reading. 



In Christ, Awretchsaved


20Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped. 21And he said, "Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." 22 In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong. - Job 1:20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment